Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Travel Insurance-do I have to??

I'm asked "why do I have to purchase travel insurance-we are going for sure?"

I first explain the benefits of purchasing travel insurance and why I feel it is so important. I then get the responses from clients; "well, we've never purchased it before and were fine, it's a waste of money, nothing will happen."  

If you are purchasing a low cost Southwest flight, then no I don't really recommend; however, when planning a $10,000 vacation, no doubt you should spend the extra $200 or more for the insurance.

#1.  Had a family go to Costa Rica for a bucket list trip (2 adults and 2 children) and definitely recommended travel insurance.  They said most definitely.  3 days into their trip the mother's father was dying and they needed to get home ASAP.  Here comes the insurance.  They were totally covered, new flight home, transfers to the airport AND were reimbursed for the lost 4 days of their trip.  "Yes we are going for sure"

#2.  Clients from the East Coast traveling to Cancun for vacation in March-although East Coast weather "iffy" I suggested travel insurance (again family of 4). Kids were free on the insurance and they said definitely.  Their flight was cancelled for the return due to airport being snowed in and diverted to Texas for a 2 night stay.  Hotel, rental car, food and return air home-all covered.  Hmmm are we glad we purchased insurance.

The stories go on

So, I will leave it up to you, but I will definitely recommend.  You in the long run, hearing the reasons to purchase, will ultimately make the decision

No comments:

Post a Comment